First of all let me say that clear - diving with DJL was a highlight of our trip to Thailand. We had really good time and we successfully passed PADI Open Water course. However i have few comments that DJL owners maybe would like to consider as a chance to improve:
1. theoretical part of the course was held in small and smelly basement under swimming pool. We came to some crazy-end-of-the-world island and we had to spent 6 hours in a basement... not cool at all.
2. Swimming pool part took 5 hours during which we had one 5 minutes break for QUICK pee.. when i asked for another "emergency" bio break instructors agreed but with great, great mercy. Beside that, i expected at least glass of water or other beverage from the bar (which was connected with swimming pool) but none of that happened.
3. Second day of diving was starting at 6 so we signed up for a "Diver Breakfast" in DJL bar. Unfortunately chief slept over and we had to go to 7eleven for some toasts... If DJL would told us that breakfast is not gonna be there, we would use our resort's breakfast voucher.
4. On the last day (final 2 dives) a girl was recording video with us so we could buy it after whole course. It wouldn't be anything wrong if not the arrogance and rudeness of the lady who was selling the video.. i didn't feel any joy after buying that nice dvd.. actually i felt disgusted.
5. I hated writing final PADI exam in the bar, among loud music, people smoking cigarettes and drinking beer. I drank a lot of beer after but during the test i wanted at least a little bit of focus.
Beside that - Chris and Alex gave us amazing dives and we will not forget it at least until next dive ;)